1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
1 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup water
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups sugar
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two bread loaf pans.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl with an electric mixer, combine pumpkin, eggs, oil, water, vanilla and sugar until well blended.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice until well combined.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Pour batter into the prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
I kept this recipe simple, just the pumpkin bread. But this is the kind of recipe that would allow for different frostings, nuts, etc. I’ve had a lot of sweets on here, so I wanted to go for something simple. This bread was delicious and did not have an overwhelming pumpkin flavor to it.