- 8 eggs (separated)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (canned)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups dark rum
- whipped cream (optional)
- grated nutmeg
- Place egg whites in the bowl of a stand mixer and whisk on low speed until frothy, so for about 30 seconds.
- Increase speed to medium-high and, watching carefully, beat until they are about the consistency of whipped cream, about 90 seconds.
- Reduce speed to medium. With mixer running, add half of sugar and beat until incorporated, about 30 seconds. Transfer whites to a large bowl. Do not wash bowl.
Add egg yolks and remaining sugar to now-empty stand mixer bowl and beat at medium-high speed until pale yellow and ribbony, about 2 minutes total.
Add pumpkin puree, cinnamon, and allspice and mix on medium-low speed until homogenous, about 15 seconds. Add milk, cream, and alcohol and mix on low speed to combine.
- Using a rubber spatula or handheld whisk, fold the whipped whites into the egg yolk/milk mixture until completely incorporated. You can serve it with whipped cream, nutmeg, and a cinnamon stick.
I’ve never been a big fan of eggnog but if I ever had to drink any, it would be pumpkin eggnog. I’ve never made eggnog before, so it was a little challenging but I think it came out well!